The Scenario Testing function on Datastream, allows you to create customisable charts using data such as that from equities, indices and country economics.
To create a chart on Datastream:
- Click on ‘Scenario Testing’ in the ‘Analysis’ box in the bottom left of the screen.
- Under ‘Series and Dates,’ hover the mouse over the arrow next to the first series and then select ‘Find New Series.’ Use the Navigator window to search for the entity (equity, index etc) that you need data for. The default data category is ‘equity’ but this can be changed at the top of the screen.
- In the same way, add a datatype: select ‘Datatype’ and ‘Find Datatype’ instead.
- You can change the date range underneath, alter the display under ‘Chart Settings’ and create more charts by adding another pane.
- The data can be exported to Excel by simply clicking on the appropriate Excel icon above the chart.