There are many advantages when it comes to ebooks. Here are just a few:
- You can read them anytime, anywhere
- You don’t need to carry them around
- Instant access; you don’t have to wait for them to become available
- You can read an ebook for as long and as many times as you like; there is no loan period
- No due date, kiss goodbye to overdue fines
We are growing our collection of ebooks and always check if there is an electronic version of a book available before we purchase a printed copy. For us, ebooks are better value for money as we don’t have to spend on multiple printed copies and they are accessible to more CJBS members at one time.
How do I access your ebooks?
Our ebooks can be accessed in the following ways:
- Via links on your course reading lists
- On LibrarySearch (there are thousands of ebooks in the University)
- Via the QR codes on the shelfstands in our printed book collection (using your mobile device)
- Through the ebooks@cambridge site
Other frequently asked questions…
Can I access your ebooks on my Kindle?
No, none of our ebooks are Kindle compatible as under their model we can’t make them available to everyone .
Why don’t you make all your books available electronically?
Because publishers are still coming around to the idea. Most textbooks are still not available as ebooks.
Can I download your ebooks?
Depending on the platform or your device, you can read an ebook online, print pages or download it onto your own device for a limited period.
Can I access your ebooks remotely?
Yes, using your Raven password.
If you have any other questions about ebooks please contact us.